With MacFuse and the nice GUI wrapper for SSH mounts called MacFusion it is more convenient and very flexible. But I had some problems when mounting a file-system from an old Solaris server. When I edited some HTML files and saved them frequently with TextMate, I started to have some strange behavior with misplaced characters in the displayed webpage in Safari.
I added the following lines to the "Extra Options (Advanced)" field for the different favorites stored in MacFusion:
-o sshfs_sync -o workaround=truncate
So far I didn't encounter anymore problems and I hope this fixed the issue.
More about the possible Extra Options can be found at Jannis Hermanns' place.